For the rub
- 1 tsp of Cardamom
- ½ tsp of Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp of salt
- 3 cups of fresh cranberries
- ½ cup of dried figs (small diced)
- ½ cup of sherry vinegar
- ½ cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 cup of honey
- 2 cups of water
- 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil
- 2 pork chops (3/4 inch thick)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine and blend all the rub ingredients.
- Season pork with the prepared rub and let the rub set in for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In a medium sauce pot, combine the cranberries, sherry vinegar, red wine vinegar, honey, and water and bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to a steady low boil until it slowly thickens up to a jam like consistency.
- Add the figs to the jam mix, stir in and set aside off the heat to let cool.
- Season chutney to taste with salt, pepper and honey.
- Heat skillet or no stick pan to a medium low heat.
- Oil to the pan with the cooking oil, and sear pork chops to a golden brown, and then place pork chops in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until fully cooked.